Knifty Knitter

One husband, two kids, lots of pets, little time to knit. Yet I find time anyway.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Friday Fun

TGIF?!? Holy moley-its Friday! I can hardly believe it, but I sure feel it. Since I really have not done much knitting in the last few days, I am going to kindly divert your attention to a meme the beautiful Lolly (seriously, have you seen this girl? Someday I hope to meet her in person!) openly tagged to anyone who was up for the challenge-so here goes:


What is your all time favourite yarn to knit with?

I just adore anything with cashmere or silk, and I am partial to merino wool-any brand, but Knit Picks is nice for the price. I love my cottons too, especially Rowan "All Season Cotton", and I really dig mercerized cotton as well. And Kidsilk Haze.

Your favourite needles?

My Denise Interchangables baby! The thing I love best is the guarantee for life, and I have broken my share of them. For sock knitting, it is all about the Boye metal-pretty shiny colors, mmmm.....

The worst thing you've ever knit?

Why I never! Oh wait...there was that first scarf I made that had at least seven different gauges going, and that sock that would fit Paul Bunyan, and that sweater my husband and the kids used as a tent last summer, and the hat...uh, nevermind-next question!

Your most favorite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it...But it was the most fun to knit)

I just love the Sophie pattern! It is so versatile, and I have modified it several times. It is my "go to" pattern when I need a gift for someone, except my dad didn't seem very excited when he opened his up last Christmas. Maybe this year I'll add more Fun Fur-yeah, that's it-Fun Fur will make it all better.

Most valuable knitting technique?


Short rows-for shaping, heels, toes-whatever. It is like magic.

Best knit book or magazine?

Can't live without Barbara G. Walker's "Knitting from the Top". I also regularly enjoy Interweave Knits-they always have at least one pattern that screams knit me!

Your favourite knit-a-long?

I really have not been in on many, because I have a hard time finishing what I start in a timely manner. However, Lolly's Socktoberfest was fun, and I actually knit two pairs of socks during October, so now I am ready to take on the world. Bring it on.


Your favourite knitblogs?

Just like with my kids and my cats, I don't play favorites. I have a whole lotta blogs that I read-I probably read more about knitting then I spend time knitting, and now I am blogging about knitting so I probably will get even less knitting done, which is not a good thing since this blog is supposed to be about knitting. Uh, what was the question again?

Your favourite knitwear designer?

Stefanie over at Glampyre-no need to say more.

The knit item you wear the most? (how about a picture of it!)

My fan-tab-ulous Newsboy Cap from "SnB Nation". I am crazy for this hat. It is the one thing I wear that people are always inquiring about, asking me where I got it, and I just love it when they look at me, mouth agape, and say "you made that?". Heck yes I did!

*made with Peruvian Collection Highland Wool in Grape*

So there ya go. I leave you with a picture of my lovely Georgette. I know how ya feel, kitty. TGIF indeed.....

4 Comments:

  • I was just browsing and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a nascar site. You can find everything from nascar as well as info on all your favorite drivers, the 2005 Nascar schedule, how to get cheap Nascar tickets, track info and more. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!
    Rod

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 PM  

  • You are too much!

    Love the meme answers :) that hat is awesome. I have that on my to-knit list. I have the yarn and the book... but very little time!

    Take care, Teresa-hope your weekend is going well :)

    By Blogger Lolly, at 9:03 PM  

  • Perhaps you could pass off Sophie as a fishing creel for your dad (wink wink). I gave mine pink socks once.

    Socktober sure was fun!

    By Blogger Acornbud, at 1:50 PM  

  • Your meme answers cracked me up! Those Denise Interchangeables are on my wish list-hint, Hairy Legs! Hint!! ;-) I love that Newsboy Cap from SNBN, too!! Yours looks fantastic. I'll have to give it a try someday. And BTW, I think the fun fur would definitely have made your dad more amenable to a Sophie. :-)

    By Blogger candsmom, at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home