Knifty Knitter

One husband, two kids, lots of pets, little time to knit. Yet I find time anyway.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

"Haul out the Holly...."

Now that Thanksgiving has passed, I feel I can start singing Christmas songs in earnest. The snow all melted here, and in fact was 60 degrees on Monday-which just happened to be Miss V's Christmas program. Slowly but surely, I am beginning to feel the spirit of the holidays. It is snowing again today, and my hands have been busy making gifts. I hauled out the sewing machine, and got the majority of my sewing done. Unfortunately that means my knitting has been on the back burner. :-(

Yet don't you fret my pretties, some knitting was actually accomplished last night-just in time for the Holiday KAL update:


Neckwarmer from S-n-B Nation, done in Knit Picks Panache , with some bits of random wool for the leave and flower. I actually only knit one small flower and one small leaf instead of the large ones, then added some beads for detail. This is for my cousin Allie, who at 16 is notoriously fussy. Above all, this thing is soooo soft I have been wearing it around the house, and I better put it away before I find it too difficult to part with.

There is so much to do that I have not even turned the computer on much in the last few days. That doesn't mean I don't feel guilty about neglecting the blog and all my favorites, but I also know all of you are busy as well. We are going to get the tree this weekend, and decorations are slowly making there way out.

Sing with me now:

"Deck the halls...."

2 Comments:

  • We're getting our tree this weekend, too. I think I might be more excited about that than the kids. You're so disciplined, waiting till Thanksgiving has passed to break out the Christmas songs. Much to the fam's dismay, we ate turkey and stuffing to the likes of Clay Aiken and Karen Carpenter crooning Christmas ballads. I love the holiday season!! The neckwarmer for your niece is SO cute. She's going to love it!! And in Panache, I doubt she'll ever want to take it off of her neck, either. The flower and beads are adorable. Gosh, you're SEWING for Christmas, too?! You've definitely got a lot on your plate! Take care and fa-lala-la-la to you, too! :-)

    By Blogger candsmom, at 2:11 PM  

  • Very cute neckwarmer. I really like this design... funny how you see a million designs and then only really remember it when you friend makes it ;) I think yours came out so well.

    How did you like the Panache? It looks mighty tempting... that fiber at that price is hard to beat! ;)

    Yea for the holidays! I love them too -- and once school is over, I can really immerse myself.

    Take care, T!!!

    By Blogger Lolly, at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home