Knifty Knitter

One husband, two kids, lots of pets, little time to knit. Yet I find time anyway.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I am going to give the blog another try. My previous attempt sucked, to say the least. Since I have little patience when it comes to computers, hopefully this format will work better for me. We shall see.

I knit, not as often as I like, but what knitter does? I prefer to look at the glass being half-full, or in other words the time I can not knit I am usually spending with my family. Doing laundry, cooking, or cleaning are the times I would rather be knitting, but for some reason the people in this house want to be fed and clothed, and since two of them are really too young to fend for themselves, I put the needles down and open a box of mac and cheese. Sometimes I even do a load of laundry or two. The whole cleaning thing? More like making the mess a little tidier.

Back to the knitting. I have been starting more than finishing, and that is not a good thing. Christmas is going to come fast, and momma won't be happy. And you know what they say: if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

My intentions were good, and still are. But I can't help myself-it is like a sickness. A sickness whose only cure is to buy more yarn, and start more projects. Don't even get me started on the enablers. Lolly and her Socktoberfest, Stefanie and her great designs, and of course all those web mags. What is a girl to do? Knit her heart out of course! I leave you with the socks of Socktoberfest....






3 Comments:

  • Hey Teresa!
    This is so great--glad you started the blog! I love being able to leave you comments this time :) I think that both pair of your socks are lovely. I am so glad you are able to share them on the blog too so all of the Socktoberists can see them. I will get the update up soon :)

    Thanks so much for being a part of the knitalong!

    By Blogger Lolly, at 6:54 AM  

  • What a cool picture! ;-) Your socks look great. Love the colors.
    Michelle

    By Blogger Stricken madchen, at 10:09 AM  

  • Welcome back to the blog world! Autumn is my favorite time of the year! The leaves are almost gone here in Stockholm, Sweden.

    / Catrin

    By Blogger Cat, at 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home