Knifty Knitter

One husband, two kids, lots of pets, little time to knit. Yet I find time anyway.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Quickly....



Lolly has cooked up a fantastic idea, one that is dear to my heart:
color.



Go on over and read all about it, and if you are game, sign on up! Myself, I am going to have to get organized (!) and think up some good projects. On the front burner, however, is my desire to learn how to quilt. Adam's grammy is an excellent quilter, making some jaw dropping and gorgeous quilts, always done by hand. My children are lucky enough to have received gorgeous quilts from her when they were born. They will be treasured heirlooms, and something that they will always have to remember her by. With all the knitting I have been doing, as well as all the creativity I see in the many blogs I read, my creative juices have been boiling! So Project Spectrum is a great way for me to harness all that creative energy and crank out some new projects. Having a place to showcase my efforts, as well as getting to share with the blog community, is a great way for me to stay focused. Being inspired by others is also something I look forward to with this new project, as I really enjoy seeing what others create.

Color is grabbing my attention so much lately that I am even redecorating a couple of rooms in my home. The living room is getting a total overhaul; right now it is just a simple off-white, but soon it will be a rich plum. New curtains and accents are also being added. My kitchen is receiving a splash of color as well. I hauled out all my scrap material, and will be sorting it by color schemes, and the stash of yarn is next. So where do you find color inspiration? Could be anywhere. The other day Miss V was sucking on a giant jawbreaker, and when she cracked it open, I had to grab the camera and snap a pic:

Inspiration really is all around us, if you open your eyes and mind wide enough. So what are you waiting for?!




2 Comments:

  • I love your enthusiasm, T!! Thank you for joining and spreading the word! I am so excited about this project I could burst ;) Your quilting endeavors will be watched closely - I have seen so many beautiful quilting books online, and have been mighty tempted to try it out myself.

    Yes, take it all in - inspiration IS all around us! LOVE it!
    Thanks, girlfriend ;)

    By Blogger Lolly, at 1:01 PM  

  • I'm so excited about Project Spectrum, too! I love the idea of being able to incorporate other crafty endeavors. Can't wait to see your quilting!

    By Blogger candsmom, at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home