Knifty Knitter

One husband, two kids, lots of pets, little time to knit. Yet I find time anyway.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Object of my affliction


HAPPY (belated) VALENTINE'S DAY!


Hope you all had a fantastic Valentine's Day! My wishes come a day late, because yesterday was spent in the most unromantic place imaginable-the bathroom. Yesiree folks, instead of being hit by cupid's arrow, I was taken down with a nasty little stomach virus. The time not spent praying to the porcelain goddess was spent in bed, as my head felt like it had a miniature bongo player pounding out 'Babalu' over and over. Poor Adam had to deal with two sugar-laden, chocolate covered children on his own, and needless to say within a half-hour of putting them to bed he was out like a rock next to me. Ahhh, the romance. Still hot after 13 Valentine's Day spent together.





11 days left!

In Olympic Knitting news (nothing obviously was accomplished yesterday), so far today I have gotten a little more done. As of Monday night, when I finally put the needles down I had finished the bottom lace portion, and stopped right where the sweater gets divided into front and back sections. I have now finished the left front, and I am almost done with the back section. Then it is on to the right front. This is probably all the further I will get tonight, and tomorrow I will have the sleeves to look forward to.
I find this pattern really simple in its design, even though it is some 5 pages long. The lace pattern is super easy to memorize, but still needs my full attention. There's lots of room for error if I am not counting properly, so I have to make sure I am not distracted. HA-that's a laugh!
So how do I think I am doing? Will I 'get the gold'? Don't know-I am just taking it one row at a time. See the neat little counter in the sidebar, ticking away the very seconds of my life? Cool, huh. That little beauty was shared graciously by Anny, and the whole thing was put together by her husband. Now I know for whom the ticks tick for-they tick for me....
Gotta go now-my brother is on his way over to play some poker on-line. He has about 5,000 dollars in chips-now only if it was real money.
Yep, that is my little brother, though not so little anymore at 26. This is his stud pose. I know I am breaking your hearts, ladies, but he's taken. To be honest, I don't know why any one would want him (he, he, he!).
Keep on knittin'!

3 Comments:

  • Yikes! Stomach flu and stuff coming out of either and/or both ends is the worst. :-P Having been there myself (and knocking on wood a hundred times over to ensure it never happens again!), I feel for you completely. Sure hope that you're feeling better and on the mend soon. You're making awesome progress on SMJ! I think I definitely see gold on the horizon! ;-) And you're such the quintessential big sis (as am I!)! Doesn't matter how old they (or we) get- the taunting never grows old! ;-) Take care, Teresa! love, c.

    By Blogger candsmom, at 4:34 AM  

  • You're doing so much better than I am...I just got done with bottom portion last night and will be working on the left front tonight. Great job!!!

    By Anonymous Katrina, at 8:41 AM  

  • Oh no! that is a terrible shame that you were so sick on V day! I sure hope you feel better!

    Goodness, your lace is lovely!

    By Blogger Lolly, at 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home