Knifty Knitter

One husband, two kids, lots of pets, little time to knit. Yet I find time anyway.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Shhhh....she's blocking

Yep, that's right. Last night, while watching Sasha Cohen's fabulous performance in the short program, I cast off my SMJ. As I write, she is blocking on my bed in all her lacy glory. I am a little worried about the fit, just because I always do, and also due to the fact that I never knitted a lace garment before-just the standard scarves and wraps. After the block, I have to sew on her buttons and thread a ribbon through the collar, and then....pictures to come.

I was able to get a good majority of the collar knitted last night, as Miss V and her daddy were at the annual Daddy/Daughter Dance. Scottie was home with me, but very busy
with his trains, so I made some good progress. Here are some pics of my lovelies:



And a goofy one of dad for good measure:



Now on to other knitty goodies, as well as my skirt for Sew?I Knit, and yesterday I also received my postcard pal for the PostCard Swap. This month I will be sending to and receiving from Jennifer over atCraftylily's Garden of Yarn and Beads. It will be so nice to get snail mail instead of just an e-mail, and I am eager to see what everyone is going to create. Exciting!!

5 Comments:

  • The pics of Miss V and her daddy are TOO adorable!! So precious... it reminds me of that Everybody Loves Raymond episode where Ray and Ali dance together. Sometimes, I wish we could just freeze time and keep them at this innocent age! And Congratulations on finishing SMJ!! I knew you could do it!! (With time to spare, I might add. ;-)) Can't wait to see the finished modeled shots. I'm really excited about the Postcard Swap, too! I love Jennifer's blog and she's such a sweetheart. I'm looking forward to the snail mail, too! Take care, Teresa! :-) Love, c.

    By Blogger candsmom, at 2:57 PM  

  • Great job of finshing your SMJ can't wait to see it after it's all blocked. The pictures of your husband and daughter are so cute!

    By Anonymous Kelly, at 3:01 PM  

  • I'm so impressed that you're finished! I'm getting closer. I don't think I'll make the finish line but at least I gave it a good run.

    By Anonymous Katrina, at 1:25 PM  

  • I'm so impressed that you're finished! I'm getting closer. I don't think I'll make the finish line but at least I gave it a good run.

    By Anonymous Katrina, at 1:28 PM  

  • I love the pictures of daddy and daughter! My dad took me and my sisters to several things like that, and we loved it SO much! ;)

    Yea for the sewalong and Project Spectrum! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the postcard swap. I think you will have fun with Jennifer, she is awesome!

    Bring on SMJ, baby!

    Hope you are having a good Saturday! xoxo

    By Blogger Lolly, at 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home