Knifty Knitter

One husband, two kids, lots of pets, little time to knit. Yet I find time anyway.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Thump, thump

See that nifty little ticker up there? It is counting down the days until I *officially* become an aunt. My sister went to her first OB appointment today, and though the doctor is not 100% sure, she figures my sister is about 12 weeks. There will be an ultrasound at 9 weeks from today, but my sister did get to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. She commented that although she knew she was pregnant, for the first time it actually felt real to her-that it was really happening, and now she had proof that something indeed was growing inside her. It is really a magical moment when the room is filled with the fast "whoosh whoosh" of the baby's heartbeat. Wow. I am sooooo jazzed!!!

Last Thursday, my wrist were sore and my back was bothering me, so I decided to take a break from knitting anything. I was already well into one sleeve, and figured I could afford a day of rest. When I got up Friday, SMJ did not appeal to me at all, so instead I made a baby sweater -just for kicks mostly, but I figure I will put it away with all of the other items I have been slowly collecting for my sister. I figure that by the time she has her baby shower, I will have a boatload of things to give her. For this I used three balls of 100% cotton yarn- just some cheapy stuff from Wal-Mart. The color is 'Gumdrop', and I thought it looked happy and fun:

The pattern is here, and this was easily done in a day.


Sometime Saturday afternoon, I picked SMJ back up, and after taking a few days off from her was eager to get going again. I am almost done with the last repeat of the yoke section, and then a few more rows after that and I am onto the collar section. I am eager to get her done, not only in time for Friday's deadline, but also because I want to see how she will look on me. I do not enjoy making things for myself, and hopefully I will be happy with the way it fits. If not, I am sure someone in my family will take her off my hands! ;-)




Ok, gotta run. Tomorrow night is the Daddy/Daughter Dance over at Miss V's school, and the poor girl has nothing to wear! Looks like mom needs to take someone shopping!!

3 Comments:

  • The baby sweater is so cute! I wish one of my sisters would get pregnant I miss knitting for babies! Your SMJ looks beautiful. It certainly looks like you'll finish in time. Good Luck!

    By Anonymous Kelly, at 7:30 PM  

  • Hearing baby's heartbeat for the first time on the hand doppler was the moment that cemented the deal for me, too. Reading your post gave me goose bumps... it took me right back to that moment, and I can so clearly remember that "whoosh" sound you're talking about. I'm so excited for both you and your sister!! There's nothing more precious than a new child to love and cherish. Your niece/nephew's sweater is so cute!! I love the colors- so fun! And you've made amazing progress on your SMJ- can't wait to see the modeled shot! Take care, Teresa! :-) Love, c.

    By Blogger candsmom, at 2:55 AM  

  • Aww, Auntie Teresa! That is so beautiful! I am excited for you and for your sister. I am looking forward to these times with my sweet sisters too. That is really amazing, T. That little baby sweater is so cute and colorful! That will be a very hip baby ;)

    SMJ is coming along so well. Big kudos to you on all of the amazing lace. Love it!

    By Blogger Lolly, at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home