Knifty Knitter

One husband, two kids, lots of pets, little time to knit. Yet I find time anyway.

Friday, March 17, 2006

The one where I am sick

This past week has not been fun. Last Thursday, I finished my skirt for Sew?I knit!, and also made a little knitting bag for myself, as well as one other little something that I will share later. Friday I did not do much crafting, as I had kindergarten screening for Scottie and had to bake cookies for Fun Night, and then go to Fun Night itself. Saturday was gorgeous-sunny and close to 70 degrees. I was going to wear my new skirt and get some outdoor pics in it, but instead I tackled all the leaves that did not get raked up before the first snowfall, and cleaned up my flower beds. We also just chilled outdoors, pushing the kids on the swings and stuff. Sunday started out ok, but by noon I was back in bed. I did not get out again until sometime the next day, late afternoon. Monday night I coughed my fool head off, and Tuesday I actually got a shower, but by night time was feeling really lousy again. Wednesday I made it to mid-afternoon, and then Adam had to come home so I could crawl back into bed. By later that night, I knew I needed to be seen by the doctor, as I was not getting better and now my chest was burning with each breath I took. Thursday the doctor saw me, and told me that I had a viral infection that mimicked asthma. I was not able to bring up all the junk in my lungs because my airway was constricted, and she prescribed an inhaler to help me out. Today I feel much better, but as warned I am coughing a lot of crap up-but it is worth it to feel better. This whole week has been a big blur, and I am more than ready to join the land of the living again.


Here is my skirt. I am pleased with how it turned out-real easy pattern.



I put a ribbon I had laying around on the waistband, and just because I am more lazy than clever, I overcast the hem instead of a regular hemline-it gives it a little more flounce



and I was pleased with the zipper as well-lays nice and flat (I don't need any extra bumps back there)



This is the bag that I made for myself-already been put to good use



I still do not have a whole lot of energy, and have not really commented on any blogs-although I have been reading. This virus just really seems to have kicked my ass.


Since it is St. Patrick's Day and green is the color of the day, as well as all the Irish blood here in this household (although today everyone is a little Irish), I present you my finished Drop Stitch cardi. I actually finished this a few weeks ago, and believe it or not, forgot all about it. Shameful, I know.



Have a great weekend everyone!!

4 Comments:

  • Love the green cardi! Hope you get to feeling better soon. I had that junk last month and it took awhile to rid myself of the cough.
    I also love the bag you made. I wish I could do stuff like that.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 3:20 PM  

  • I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so sick. I feel so bad for you! I sure hope you're feeling better and on the mend soon. Lots of water and rest!! Your skirt is so pretty! I love the hem and the fabric is fabulous. Can't wait to see the modeled shot! ;-) Your bag is amazing, too!! I love the colors and construction- you're such a crafty girl! ;-) And your drop stitch cardigan is GORGEOUS!! I love the way the sleeves turned out. Looking at yours, I'd love to make one for myself- yours turned out so beautifully!! Please get lots of rest and take good care of yourself... Happy St. Patrick's Day and have a great weekend! :-) Love, c.

    By Blogger candsmom, at 3:51 PM  

  • There you are, sweet T! Sounds like you have had quite the time - I am sorry to hear it! I hope you are feeling better today.

    You have been keeping so busy despite the sickness! My my, a skirt and a cardigan? You rock, girlfriend! I *love* the cardi!! Green is so yummy. Your skirt looks great too! you are very skilled.

    Hope you and the family have a great St. Patrick's Day! and a good weekend!

    xo,
    L

    By Blogger Lolly, at 5:26 PM  

  • The skirt and green cardi are beautiful! Hope you're feeling better now.

    By Blogger Norah, at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home