Knifty Knitter

One husband, two kids, lots of pets, little time to knit. Yet I find time anyway.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Seeing red (and pink)!

Now that Project Spectrum has officially started, things are starting to look red and pink around the house. Here is a taste-


A pink bathing suit for a new baby in the family


Pink yarn that will become a shawl for Adam's grammy


Red beads -not sure for what yet


And of course, my favorite Chucks



This is just a small sampling of what is to come this month, including my postcard for my mail pal in the Postcard Swap. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone's projects!!


Not too much new to report, as I have been working on the bathing suit above for the past few days. I had used a cotton yarn in pinks/purples/white combo, but the white pooled badly. So when I was finished I gave the two pieces a little strawberry kool-aid bath, and viola-pretty pink suit! Incidentally, I received my Spring/Summer issue of 'kintsimple', and inside was a whole article about colors, more specifically about the Fibonacci principle. This fits in great with Project Spectrum, and the article is really worth a look. There are patterns for wristlets, a capelet, and of course a scarf, all made using the Fibonacci system. This might be worth a try, mostly because I am curious how it will turn out, plus I would like to use up some of my scraps on PS projects.

One more quick thing especially for our fantastic host of Project Spectrum and the Postcard Swap. Yesterday Miss V brought home a book from school-




:-)



Happy Friday everyone!!!

4 Comments:

  • Ha! I have to find that book! Thank you to Miss V for finding it ;)

    Oh my, that little swimsuit is precious!! and so many other great crafts in the works. I look forward to seeing what you do with the beads, and your postcard idea for the month. I have to work on mine very soon.

    Thanks for the tip on the KnitSimple article too - very cool ;)

    Have a good weekend, dearie!
    Love,
    L

    By Blogger Lolly, at 8:04 AM  

  • That swimsuit is ADORABLE!! Oh, the precious pinks and reds! I've scoured the Knitty patterns many a time, but I don't know how I managed to miss that one! It's beyond cute and just *thinking* about a little baby in it gives me that "Awww" feeling. ;-) I'm definitely bookmarking that one. I think that yarn will make a gorgeous shawl, too. Can't wait to see what you do with the beads... I love admiring beaded projects as I have no beading smarts whatsoever. ;-) I'm always amazed at how people manage to intricately manipulate such tiny beads! Looking forward to seeing all your Project Spectrum projects... take care and have a great weekend, Teresa! :-) Love, c.

    By Blogger candsmom, at 2:53 PM  

  • What great red & pink inspirations for Project Spectrum - looking forward to seeing the final results. :)

    By Blogger AmyArtisan, at 3:33 PM  

  • The bathing suit is so cute! Great project spectrum ideas.

    By Anonymous Kelly, at 5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home