Knifty Knitter

One husband, two kids, lots of pets, little time to knit. Yet I find time anyway.

Monday, April 17, 2006

The Easter Bunny cometh

So we enjoyed a nice Easter weekend. It started Saturday afternoon with egg dyeing. Veronica did quite a few herself, but her brother did two and decided he was finished. My mom boiled 54 eggs-47 actually made it into their dye baths.












The bunny himself hid roughly 40 eggs total-18 real eggs and the rest plastic, and there was only a few minor squabbles over who found what egg first. There is now lots of chocolate hanging around the house, and people have been warned that if it lays unclaimed, by the end of the day it is mine. As per tradition, pictures were taken with Veronica and daddy biting her bunny ears, then Scottie and daddy biting his.












This is something Adam and his brother did every year with their dad, and since his passing two years ago has become even more poignant.

Veronica was dressed up for a little bit-she is not very much into being girly. She likes it for a bit, but like her mom, if it seems to be inhibiting her at all she wants to change. She did pose for one quick picture. Then it was on to blue jeans and tennis shoes. Both her and her brother got kites from grandma & gramps, so they went off to fly them. Scottie would not cooperate for a picture, which is really no surprise.






Here is the little basket I made up for my sister. It had a little sleeper I picked up for the baby right after she announced her pregnancy that I put in there, as well as some brightly colored baby washcloths, the bunny booties, and a hat I made to go with them. I also put some stickers in that are baby/Easter themed for a photo album of baby's first Easter.




Looky what I got in the mail yesterday-my April PS yarn! This gorgeous yarn was hand-dyed by none other than Sarah herself. She did a fantastic job, and I cast on right away for my socks. Unfortunately, I did not get much progress done, as we are preparing to paint/painting the living room, and I am working on my MIL's birthday gift and well as my mom's gift. Details to come....


Thank you again
Sarah-I love it, and as you can see it is striping beautifully!


Yesterday Veronica had an ice cream party for the first grade class. That's right, their basket (under March 8 entry) won the contest and received the highest bid-yeah!!

4 Comments:

  • Hooray - it made it! I'm so happy it got there safe and sound. And look - stripes! Yippee!

    By Anonymous Sarah, at 2:22 PM  

  • What lovely yarn Sarah sent you! Glad your Easter went well!

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 5:23 PM  

  • Just love the dad-kid shots eating the chocolate ;) yummy!

    That little basket you put together is so incredibly cute, T! Very sweet of you. You are the best aunt ever!

    Love the yarn that Sarah sent over! It is knitting up really well!

    Love,
    L

    By Blogger Lolly, at 1:30 PM  

  • I love the Easter pics. The chocolate bunny ones are great! I am also totally loving the sock yarn. It's beautiful!!

    By Blogger Melissa, at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home