Knifty Knitter

One husband, two kids, lots of pets, little time to knit. Yet I find time anyway.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Wet Weekend

This week seems to have just flown by. I think a lot of it is due to the nice weather-everyone seems like they are in a good mood and it is just easier to do things. Even the mundane, like laundry. Maybe spring is finally on its way, or at least trying to get here.


Not everything has been springing up daisies (or daffodils). This is how I found my glasses Monday afternoon. The guilty party-who really didn't feel guilty at all-had what he thought was a good reason for them to end up like this. Seems the sun was getting in his eyes when he was looking out the front door, so he went to find my glasses (I know better than to leave them where he can reach, or at least you think I would). Since they obviously didn't do him a lick of good, he told me they were broken. I replied "yeah they are", but he figured they weren't very useful for blocking sun so he stepped on them. In all honestly, this is typical Scottie logic. So I super-glued the arm back on, and this weekend I will be ordering a new pair. Any reason is a good reason for me to get new glasses-it is like jewelry for my face.

This past weekend we stayed in a hotel here in town. It was nice to "get away" as it were, and a much needed break for all of us. Also a good end to Veroncia's spring break week, which was a very looooong week indeed. My parents, sister, brother and his wife went along too, and we had adjoining rooms which is always fun. Here are the obligatory pics:

I swear Veronica is part fish. She spends more time under the water than above it. Scott on the other hand spends most of his time jumping off the side of the pool yelling "cannyball!", which means some poor sap (usually me) has to catch him over, and over, and over....you get the idea. Of course Veronica always looks supafly rockin' the goggle/nose plug combo.







"Cannyball!!!"











always underwater.....








Happy, happy faces






There is a little knitting content today, as I started the bunny booties (and they're yellow!). Little knits for little feet!

Shamefully, not much else though. I did work some on the pinwheel blanket, but it really doesn't look much different. My Jaywalker has one more stripe to it, but sadly that is it. I have been sewing some, and just posted a finished bag on the sew?I knit! page (girly skull), but plan on doing a couple of more so I will just wait and post them all together. I also joined the Warming Grace project (just look at those eyes and tell me your heart doesn't melt), which follows the Comforting Jef project that wrapped up last month. Using up scraps, and more importantly helping out fellow knitters and their loved ones-nothing could be better!!

3 Comments:

  • It looks like you all had such a fun weekend!! I love the pics of Veronica sporting her goggles and nose plugs. ;-) Scott sounds like such a character! I can totally picture doing the Cannyball in a couple of years. Maybe it's a second child thing, because she broke the DH's glasses, too! Yikes, I'm so sorry about the glasses... I guess being able to choose another pair is a nice silver lining, though. ;-) I actually hadn't heard about the Warming Grace project until I read your post- thank you for the link! Thank you, too, for all the support and good wishes last week- it really meant a lot to me. Looking forward to seeing all the sweet baby knits... take care, Teresa! :-) XXOO, c.

    By Blogger candsmom, at 2:38 PM  

  • I think Scottie logic needs work, but I suppose that will come with time. When he needs glasses, lol.

    Those flowers are so beautiful! I'm so ready for spring. Easter bunny slippers! Cute.

    By Blogger Carrie K, at 2:51 PM  

  • I just love the pool pics! How much fun!

    By Blogger Lolly, at 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home